Monday, April 22, 2019

Observer-Participant-Leader Record of Activities Based on the CETL Framework


One of my final projects for my Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) degree was to complete an Observer-Participant-Leader (OPL) record based on the Essential Skills from the Consortium for School Networking (CoSN). There are 10 essential skills based on educational technology leaders. The 10 skills are:

1.     Leadership & Vision
2.     Strategic Planning
3.     Ethics and Policies
4.     Instructional Focus and Professional Development
5.     Team Building
6.     Stakeholder Focus
7.     Information Technology
8.     Communication Systems
9.     Business Management
10.  Data Management

Observing the CoSN’s Skill – Team Building and Staffing

During my Principal’s Candidacy semester, I monitored the hiring process from beginning to end. I was able to observe administration from the posting of the position, collecting resumes, interviewing candidates, and hiring the position. During this semester I wrote a paper on the hiring process for my school system.


Participating in the CoSN’s Skill – Strategic Planning

Through my job as technology coordinator I participate annually in the writing of the school level and district level technology plans. These plans are submitted to the state and are a basis of state level funding. Through this process parent, teacher, and student surveys are used to assess technology needs. The surveys are also used to create goals for the next year.


Leader in te CoSN’s Skill – Instructional Focus and Professional Development

In September 2018 I presented a professional development to 10 third grade teachers. Before the training I gave each of the teachers a survey to gauge their knowledge of Google Applications. I asked the teachers the following questions:

What is your prior experience with Google Forms?
They answered on a 1-5 scale. 40% of them said they had a 3-4 level experience with Google Forms.

Do you use Google Forms for quizzes?
60% of the teachers answered that sometimes or often use Google Forms for quizzes.

Is Google Forms a tool you would like to learn more about?
100% of the teachers answered yes, they would like to learn more about Google Forms.


During October 2018 I conducted a professional development on creating Google Sheets to track student data. Third grade teachers use this training to create class sheets and merge them onto a master sheet for fluency progress monitoring. Below you will find the presentation of the training.




Reference

Framework of Essential Skills of the K-12 CTO. Retrieved from https://www.cosn.org

Johns, T. (2017). Personnel Project. Unpublished manuscript

Johns, T. (2018). T Johns Pd Training [Video file]. Retrieved from
        https://drive.google.com/open?id=13QcdkACkD9UEN-ejnfDI1qUv0BjtqZtQ

Johns, T. (2018). Student Data Tracking: Implementing Data Walls. Retrieved from 
       https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1s-
       3BtZ0KDSKFKXSe_MLfkSb0aCom42BK2ulCnY54DTI/edit?usp=sharing

Johns, T. (2018). Creating a Google Form. Retrieved from 
      https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1VhS3QQUsbJGIVqgTFPCsXNvem_
      iBigEGH76g783cx0s/edit?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Observer-Participant-Leader Record of Activities Based on the CETL Framework

One of my final projects for my Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) degree was to complete an Observer-Participant-Leader (OPL) reco...